We recently had the official groundbreaking for The Center at Grande. We had a nice turnout with the Mayor of Tyler and other dignitaries. We received a lot of press coverage and positive feedback from around the community about how wonderful it is that we are building a facility the community needs so much. I always remind people that while the idea and primary driver of the project has been Azalea, the project has numerous other physicians and healthcare entities participating. When complete it will truly be a community effort. Of course, on a personal note I am extremely proud of our physicians, their support and their vision and particularly the determination and leadership of Dr. Kaminski.
The Board recently voted to add laboratory services. As you all know, we currently send out all our lab work and bringing it in house will be much more convenient for our patients. We will also be able to ensure a quick turnaround of critical labs and pre-op lab tests, something that doesn’t consistently occur now. It will be a while before you see anything happen because it takes 4-5 months to get the equipment followed by facility renovation. The licensing process should begin in October. I don’t know how long that will take. Anyway, we would expect sometime in the first quarter of 2017, at the earliest, before it is up and running.
We are still considering pharmacy but if it occurs it will likely be well into next year. We still don’t have an official move date for the VA. At the latest it will be April 2017 but I am hopeful it will be sooner. I know some areas are pretty crowded in areas but please be patient. Our case management team will soon pilot a behavioral testing program designed to identify, prior to surgery, any patient that may have emotional or behavioral issues that could negatively impact their surgical outcome. Both physical and emotional health contribute to the outcome, especially big surgeries such as total joints and spine fusions so we believe it is worth studying.
Finally, I want to thank the customer service committee for all their work. The recent programs they have implemented seem to be having a positive impact on our patient satisfaction score trends. Keep it up guys!
Thank you all for taking great care of our patients,
To continue on from where I talked about Team Building, this month I wanted to discuss:
1. Character- Driven
Character is the virtue of knowing right from wrong, turning from the wrong, and doing what is right, even in the face of negative pressures. It requires one to be honest and upright in everything he or she does.
First, identify skills you already have. Many people are unable to identify what they do well. If you do not know what you are capable of, how can you expect anyone else to recognize it? Once you have identified your skills, seek to improve them. Employers love to see workers who are willing to go the extra mile to better themselves.
Few things are as aggravating to an employer as dealing with a worker who does not carry out instructions. As a result, the company misses crucial deadlines, makes mistakes, and produces faulty products or provides poor service—all of which result in unhappy customers.
4. Positive Attitude
Individuals with positive attitudes are well-liked by their co-workers. They are easy to get along with and people enjoy being around them. Why? No one wants to be around someone who is unhappy. Pessimism and negativity breed more of the same. Cheerful attitudes are contagious. They have a positive effect on the workplace.
f you want to become a more valuable employee, understand your particular job responsibilities and attempt to go above and beyond what is required. The more care you put into every detail of what you do, the more your manager will be able to focus attention elsewhere. He will know he can rely on you to get the job done, which will provide him with peace of mind.
There are two types of employees—those who wait to be told what to do and those who take initiative and find innovative ways to be productive to benefit their employer. Managers notice a self-motivated worker and will seek him out for advancement.
Dependability comes down to trust. Managers must be able to know for certain that employees will do what is expected of them. They cannot afford to handhold and coddle workers who agreed to do a job when they were hired—and then do not do it. Strive to be a dependable employee. Legitimate issues do occasionally occur that can force you to miss work or have to adjust deadlines, but this should be the exception not the rule.
Few today are willing to finish what they start. Yet a diligent person applies constant effort and is persistent in what he does without waning. He does not give up at the first sign of adversity. Be known as a hard worker. Often this quality will take you much further than intelligence or “who you know.”
A good employee is one who stays on track despite issues that everyone faces from time to time. He manages his life and strives to keep problems at home. He also does not become distracted by modern technology, such as the Internet or a cellphone. He focuses his attention on his work. A diligent employee does not waste his employer’s time and money. Instead, while at work, he works!
Consistently exceeding an employer’s expectations and being willing to take on any task shows dedication. Many employees feel as though they are “above” a given task and voice their complaints. They fail to consider that if those tasks did not exist, they would not have jobs. Keep in mind that if your motto is, “That’s not my job,” you may soon find yourself out of a job!
Jeffrey A. Davis, MBA
Chief Operations Officer
Azalea Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
Keesha Bird | 3
Brianna Lozoya | 4
Gloria Sikora | 6
Valerie Dinger | 8
Shanna Gorkmen | 8
Jenny Gillham | 9
Vicky Epperson | 10
Rhonda Franklin | 11
Candace Freson | 13
Randy Dykes | 14
Eneida Ramirez | 18
Janet Lopez | 21
Kristina Halbrooks | 24
Melissa Epperson | 29
Emily Aree | 30
Reon Fields | 3
Lynn Dark | 5
Amanda Anderson | 6
Kathy Rowland | 6
Theresa Young | 10
Andrea Parsons | 14
Marty Johnson | 19
Kayla Howard | 24
1. What position do you hold here at Azalea?
2. How long have you been in this position?
I have been at Azalea for 1 year 6 months.
3. What’s the best part of your job?
I would say the best part of my job is being able to talk to patients and help schedule their appointments.
4. What are the goals for yourself here at Azalea?
Providing the best customer service I can for patients.
Thank you Brandi Stokes for always being #GoodToGo!
Thank you again everyone for your hard work in our 10/20 campaign. We hope that you have enjoyed it and are looking forward to our next campaign! Our next event is based around Safety and Privacy. For this new game, we will be randomly selecting employees who responded to the “5 Favorite Things” e-mail and quizzing them on various parts of safety and privacy here at the clinic! For this one, we are looking forward to giving out more personalized prizes that we hope you will enjoy! Remember, keep an eye on your e-mail and check your voice mail to see if you have been contacted for a chance to win a prize!
1. Where Were You Born? Tyler Tx
2. When You Were Growing Up What Was Your First Job? Great American Cookies
3. Where Did You Attend School? Robert E. Lee
4. Are You Married? For How Long? Yes – For Five Years
5. What Is Your Spouse’S Name And What Is Their Best Trait? Cliff – His Sarcasm
6. Do You Have Children? How Many? What Are Their Names? Yes – Twins Karsen And Kolby
7. What Projects Are You Involved In With Your Community? Women’S Outreach Programs
8. What Would Be Your Ideal Vacation? Somewhere In The Mountains With My Family And No Technology!
9.What Are Your Hobbies? Reading Enjoying My Children
10. What Is Your Favorite Movie? Titanic And Grease
11. What Is Your Favorite Restaurant? Yomato And Shoguns
12. What Are Your Goals Here At Azalea? To Continue To Grow With The Company
1. Where Were You Born? Fort Worth Tx
2. When You Were Growing Up What Was Your First Job? Forever 21
3. Where Did You Attend School? Trimble Tech High School & Sanford Brown College
4. Are You Married? For How Long? Yes – For 7 Months
5. What Is Your Spouse’S Name And What Is Their Best Trait? D’Arthur
6. Do You Have Children? How Many? Yes – 6
7. What Are Your Hobbies? Reading
8. What Are Your Goals Here At Azalea? To Be A Great Leader And Team Player And I Want To Grow As Much As I Can
9. When Is Your Birthday? April 1
1. Where Were You Born? Oklahoma City Ok
2. When You Were Growing Up What Was Your First Job? Babysitter
3. Where Did You Attend School? East Central University
4. What Is Your Spouses’ Name And What Is Their Best Trait? My Dog’S Name In Maverick And His Best Trait Is Being Cute
5. Do You Have Any Children? How Many? What Are Their Names? Maverick
6. What Would Be Your Ideal Vacation? Somewhere In The Mountains
7. What Are Your Hobbies? Reading Hiking
8. What Is Your Favorite Movie? All Of The Disney Movies
9. What Is Your Favorite Restaurant? Chipotle
10. What Are Your Goals Here At Azalea? To Fully Understand The Clerical Part Of My Job
11. When Is Your Birthday? July 1
1. Where Were You Born? Henderson Tx
2. When You Were Growing Up What Was Your First Job? Schlotzsky’S
3. Where Did You Attend School? Mt. Enterprise Until My Sophomore Year Then Douglas
4. Are You Married? For How Long? No – Boyfriend For 3 Years
5. What Is Your Spouse’S Name And What Is Their Best Trait? Kerry – He Is Very Outgoing
6. Do You Have Children? How Many? What Are Their Names? 2 Boys – Carter Is 5 And Kamden Is 2
7. What Projects Are You Involved In With Your Community? Kids For Christ At Grace Baptist Church
8. What Would Be Your Ideal Vacation? Any White Sand Beach
9. What Are Your Hobbies? Working Out And Fishing With My Boys
10. What Is Your Favorite Movie? 7 Pounds
11. What Is Your Favorite Restaurant? Wasabi & Crawfish Barn
12. What Are Your Goals Here At Azalea? Administration…Eventually
13. When Is Your Birthday? January 3
1. Where Were You Born? Dallas Texas
2. When You Were Growing Up What Was Your First Job? Babysitting
3. Where Did You Attend School? I Have Been To Several Schools Around Texas
4. Are You Married? For How Long? Yes We Have Been Together Over 7 Years And Will Be Celebrating Our 3Rd Wedding Anniversary On October 5th
5. Do You Have Any Children? How Many? What Are Their Names? I Am Currently Pregnant With My First Child. We Are Having A Little Girl And Her Name Is Everly Sophia.
6. What Would Be Your Ideal Vacation? Spending Time With My Husband Whether We Are At The Beach Or Sitting In Our Pj’S On The Couch
7. What Are Your Hobbies? I Love The Outdoors And Working Out
8. What Is Your Favorite Movie? Anything Scary
9. When Is Your Birthday? May 17Th
1. Where Were You Born? I Was Born In Refugio Tx A Small Town About 42 Miles From The Sparkling City By The Bay – Corpus Christi.
2. When You Were Growing Up What Was Your First Job? I Worked As A Stock Boy And Carryout At Our Local Heb.
3. Where Did You Attend School? Refugio Tx
4. Are You Married? For How Long? I Am Married 1 Year
5. Do You Have Any Children? How Many? What Are Their Names? Yes I Have 3 Fur Babies Abbe Riley And Savannah
6. What Projects Are You Involved In With Your Community? I Am Currently Not Involved With Any Community Projects When I Lived In Cypress Tx I Was A Member Of The Houston Livestock Show And Rodeo For 10 Years.
7. What Would Be Your Ideal Vacation? I Would Like To Go To Australia One Day
8. What Are Your Hobbies? I Do Like To Watch Movies Eating Out Trying New Restaurants And Vacations. Not That This Is A Hobby But I Am Currently A Student At TJC – Studying Sonography
9. What Is Your Favorite Movie? Urban Cowboy
10. What Is Your Favorite Restaurant? 4-Way Cafe In Flint TX
11. What Are You Goals Here At Azalea? I Would Like To Be Able To Be A Part Of The Azalea Organization Even After I Graduate From TJC
12. When Is Your Birthday? September 27th
1. Where Were You Born? Paris Tx
2. When You Were Growing Up What Was Your First Job? Brookshires
3. Where Did You Attend School? Quitman High School
4. What Projects Are You Involved In With Your Community? Any Volunteer Work I Can Do With Hospitals
5. What Would Be Your Ideal Vacation? Australia
6. What Are Your Hobbies? I Am Pretty Much Consumed With Work School And My Sweet Baby Dog Victor
7. What Is Your Favorite Movie? Dirty Dancing
8. What Is Your Favorite Restaurant? Don Juans
9. What Are Your Goals Here At Azalea? Maybe Work Here As A Pa In A Few Years Or So
10. When Is Your Birthday? July 22