Ask An Orthopedist: Is an orthopedic doctor the correct physician to see for back/hip pain?

Calendar October 24, 2017

Question: I am having issues with both my lower back and right hip. Slight pain in the right hip, but extreme tightness and no flexibility. My right thigh goes numb when on my feet or walking for over an hour. Is an orthopedic doctor the physician to see? If so, do you recommend a doctor from your clinic? 

Either an orthopedic doctor specializing in spine or a physical medicine doctor would be appropriate for evaluating your problem. We have both in our group and in fact have both who come to our clinic in Longview. Feel free to call for an appointment to see one of them in Longview if you like.

Have a question for one of our orthopedic surgeons? Click here to submit a question.

Share this on: